Thursday, 19 January 2012

Reflecting On The Past...

I liked the previous writing exercises where we made up everything. The exercises where we had a set character were not as fun. The worst part about writing is the reflection. I despise reflections.

Some of the movie clips were interesting but others I found boring. The ones I found interesting were the ones that seemed to put a lot of emotion into. The Jaws one I thought was particularly good because it seemed that he was really reliving the story. The ones that were monotonous were not interesting to me. From the clips, I learned that you have to be emotionally invested into your story.

Writing my monologue was difficult because I had trouble initially thinking of a good story. I had many ideas and wrote them all down. I wasn't happy with any of them. I had 5 monologue ideas but I didn't like any of them. Eventually I chose one monologue to memorize. I'm still not happy with it though. Its like writing a story, I'm never fully satisfied with it. I constantly made tweaks and changes to the monologue, making it hard to memorize.

I am worried about performing my monologue. I'm thinking "what if I forget a line" or "what actions should
I do during the monologue." I'm nervous. Usually in a theatre performance, there is more than one person. It is a lot easier to memorize lines when you have cues from other people. in this case,all attention is on me and I can only rely on myself. I am not very confident with my monologue. Hopefully once I have memorized my monologue I will be more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment